Filter Coffee is my favourite thing in the morning. Being from South India, the smell of filter coffee in the morning is divine with some classical music. The taste of filter coffee depends on the coffee powder we used. Some people add chicory with coffee powder, some people dont want to add. I prefer to add chicory. It is served in a tumbler with dabarah( particularly in Brass) in a traditional way. Here is the recipe
- Coffee powder – 2 tsp( I am using 85% coffee powder and 15% chicory)
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- water – 1/2 cup
- To begin with coffee preparation, we have to prepare coffee decoction
- In a coffee filter, add coffee powder and add hot water to it
- In a saucepan, add milk and bring it boil
- In a tumbler, add sugar and decoction and mix it well
- Add Boiled milk to it and serve hot
- Check the coffee filter has any blocks in the hole before you make decocotion.
- Add sugar to the filter before you add coffee powder (optional)
- Use hig fat milk or cow milk for better taste
You must be logged in to post a comment.