It is a famous American breakfast dish.It is basically shredded potato fritters.
We usually tend to buy the frozen packs and feast on them. Why not make them at home??Here is a simple and easy recipe! Makes a great evening snack or breakfast!
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Preparation time :10 minutes
Serves 2 people.
- Boiled potatoes – 2
- Oregano – 2 tsp
- Corn flour – 3 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – required to fry
- Boil 2 potatoes for 3 whistles.
- Let it cool and store it in the fridge for 4 to 5 hours.
- Now peel of the skin of the potato and using a grater finely grate the Potatoes.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of oregano,1 tbsp of corn flour teaspoon , 1 teaspoon of pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the contents well and make sure its dry (if mixture is wet it wont be crispy)
- Divide this mixture into 5 to 6 segments.
- Roll each segment into a ball and flatten them giving it the classic hashbrown shape!
- Take a kadai or non stick pan and add about 6 to 7 tablespoons of oil.
- Keep it on medium flame and and Shallow fry the hash brown.
- Hash Browns can also be deep-fried if needed.
- Yummy crispy hashbrowns are ready to be served with ketchup or mayonnise.
The boiled potatoes have to be stored in the fridge for 4 to 5 hours so that while grating them they don’t become mushy.