Karuvepillai or curry leaves have lot of medicinal effects. I used to make this podi whenever i get fresh curry leaves and store it in a container for a month. We can have it with hot rice and ghee, idli and dosa.
- Curry leaves – 1 cup tightly packed
- Chana dal – 2 tsp
- Split urad dal – 2 tsp
- Toor dal – 3 tsp
- Red chillies – 3
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
wash the curry leaves well and pat it fry for 3-4 hours. There should not be any moisture in curry leaves
- Heat a pan and dry roast chana dal, urad dal and toor dal till it becomes golden brown. remove it from pan
- Add pepper, cumin and red chillies to the pan and roast well till nice aroma come and remove it
- Finally add the curry leaves and roast well ( leaves should break when we crush it)
- cool down everything and grind it with salt to a coarse powder (first add dals and then leaves)
- Store it in a air-tight container
You must be logged in to post a comment.