In South India, Jackfruit seeds are used to make many interesting recipes. In our household, we do many dishes like palakottai sambar along with drumstick which is very flavorful, podimas and palakottai masala. Now I am going to share the podimas recipe which is simple goes well with rice
- Jackfruit seeds or palakottai – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Green Chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Grated Coconut – 3 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- oil – 4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Split Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Bengal Gram – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 spring
- Dry the jackfruit seeds in shade for few days.Use it within a week.
- Cut the jackfruit seeds in to two halves, so you can peel the skin . I remember during my school days my mother put the seeds in hot kadai for a minute and peel the skin easily
- Boil the cut seeds in water with little salt and pressure cook for a whistle. Strain the water. After the seeds get cooled, slice it into thin pieces or grate it
- Heat oil in a kadai, add items to temper
- Then add finely chopped onions, ginger and green chillies to it
- Saute well, add salt, turmeric powder
- Add sliced jackfruit seeds or palakottai to it.cover it with lid and cook in medium flame for 2 minutes.
- open the lid and add grated coconut and cook for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Switch off the flame and garnish it with coriander leaves(optional)
- Palakottai podimas is ready to serve
- Jackfruit seeds helps us to keep the skin moisture levels high and your hair in good condition.
- Rich in Iron, so it prevents us from anaemia
- Contains high quality proteins which helps in building muscles.
You must be logged in to post a comment.