Kids are never a fan of idly. Sometimes we can be a little creative and make a new dish with the same idly. This can also be done with hostel idlies to kill the boredom of eating the usual routine variety.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Idlies – 6 to 8
- Idli Podi / Milagai Podi – required ( home made or store bought)
- Gingelly oil – 3 to 4 tsp
- First cut the idly into smaller pieces (the smaller the piece more will be the quantity)
- Now heat a kadai and add 2 tsp of gingelly oil to it.
- Then add the diced idly pieces and saute till they get roasted at the corners (if preparing for the kids,you can add 2 tsp of ghee at this step)
- Now depending upon the spicy nature of idly podi , add two tsp of it and make sure all the idly pieces are coated evenly with podi.
- It is best served when hot, if you dont have any kadai or heating facility at hostel ,u can slice the idly into pieces ,add gingelly oil and idly podi in a box,give it a good shake and have it as a meal.
- Tastes amazing with tomato chutney or coconut chutney.
It’s a simple delicious meal made from idlies .who would ever say no to idlies again??