Sometimes it’s hard to get a combination of tasty and healthy food at the sametime!
This recipe was born out of sheer lack of time and laziness to prepare food for my husband in the morning. Guess what, it turned out really well!! It’s healthy and the aroma is just wow,a mouth watering receipe!
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time:20 mins
- Seeraga Samba Rice – 1/2 cup
- Moong dhal – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 finely chopped
- Green chilli – 1 ( u can add more based on the spiciness)
- Ginger – 1 inch finely chopped
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder- a pinch
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Take half cup of rice and half cup of moong dhal and rinse them well.soak them in water for 30 mins.
- Take your Pressure cooker
- Now add 2 tsp of ghee to the cooker once hot.
- Then add 1 tsp of cumin seeds and let it roast and once u get the aroma.then add a pinch of asafoetida.
- Add the finely chopped onions.
- Saute the onions well for 3 mins till it becomes glassy in nature.
- Now add the finely chopped tomatoes and saute well.
- Add Turmeric powder, Chilli powder and Garam masala
- Mix these contents well and cook for 3 to 4 mins till the raw smell of spices go off and see if the oil oozes out from the mixture.
- Now add the soaked moong dhal and rice mixture
- Add 3.5 – 4 cups of water for this consistency
- Wait for 6 to 7 whistles on simmer.
- 12.serve with vegetable sabji or pickle.
1. vegetables such as beans and carrots can also be added.
2. Adding garam masala is optional.its just for the flavour.
Moong dal is rich in vitamin B complexes and also rich in dietary fibre.
Helps the body to use up the glucose derived from the food in the most efficient way.
You must be logged in to post a comment.