Making the usual routine breakfast would be boring. This is one such upma which will attract your kids to the dinning table in no time! Quick and easy recipe, we can serve it as an evening snack too with Tea
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- White bread(wheat bread can also be used) – 1 loaf
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Green capsicum – 1 chopped
- Carrot – 1 grated
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Oregano – 1 tsp (Italian spice)
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp(optional)
- Tomato sauce – 1 tsp(optional)
- Refined oil – 2 to 4 tsp
- Cut the bread,into small square shaped pieces.its best to include the crust of the bread too.
- Meanwhile, add 3 to 4 tbsp of oil(or butter) to kadai and roast the bread pieces.
- The corners of the bread will turn crispy and golden brown,remove them from the kadai and set them aside.
- Now add 1 tbsp of oil and saute the onions,capsicum and carrot for 4 to 6 mins in medium flame
- Add pepper ,oregano , turmeric powder and chilli powder , salt and tomato sauce saute them well.
- Finally add the roasted bread pieces and give it a toss for 2 mins .
- Serve hot!!
Note: To enhance the taste egg can be scrambled and added !!