Arbi Roast is a simple recipe loved by everyone in our home. It is crispy and goes well with sambhar/rasam/mor kulambu . Try this recipe in recipe, everyone will like it.
- Arbi/Cheppankizhangu – 10 nos
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Soak the Arbi/Seppankizhanku in water for 5 minutes. wash and rinse it well.
- Pressure cook it for 1 whistle( this took 10 minutes ). Switch off the flame
- Cool down the Arbi and peel the skin
- Take the Arbi and cut each into 3-4 pieces
- In a small bowl add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and little bit of water and make into a smooth paste
- Marinate the Arbi pieces in the paste and rest it for 15 minutes
- Deep fry or Pan fry it in medium flame for few minutes and toss the arbi slowly and cook it on other side .Arbi roast is ready
- you can add ginger garlic paste while marinating the Arbi
- Adding 1 tsp of Rice powder / Corn flour can enhance the crispiness.
- Rich in fibre, so it is good for your gut
- Contains good amount of potassium ,Magnesium and Vitamins C & E.