Aval kesari is an easy and simple dish we can make at home. I want to share this recipe on this festival day ( Tamil New year – Sarvari Varsham) with you all and wishing you all good health and happiness throughout the year.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
- Aval or poha – 1/2 cup ( i used red poha)
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 3 tsp
- Cardomon powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cashews – 5 nos
- Almond/ Badam – 5 nos
- Water – 1 cup
- Food color – a pinch (optional – i skipped because i used red poha)
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a pan and add chopped nuts to it. Roast it and remove it
- In the same pan, add poha/aval and roast it well, till the aroma comes
- Once the poha/aval gets cooled, make it to a coarse powder using mixie
- Take a pan and add water to it
- Once the water starts boiling, add the aval powder to it and mix it well
- cook covered in low flame until all water is absorbed. mix it in between to avoid burn at the bottom
- Add cardamom powder, food color and sugar to it. At first, it leaves water
- Add ghee to it and keep it stirring it between. It will take some time to cook completely, so cook it in medium flame. switch off the flame after 5 minutes
- Switch off the flame and serve it.
You must be logged in to post a comment.