For a change,why not have caramel popcorn at home!
Yes you read it right, its soo easy you can make it at home!! Dont wait till the next movie visit!
Preparation time:5 mins
Cooking time:15 mins
- Cooker popcorn packet – 1
- Sugar – 4 to 5 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – A dice
- Salt – a pinch
1.Using a kadai and closed lid, empty the popcorn packet and close the lid,it will take almomins for all of it to pop.
2. Now turn off the stove and keep the pop corn aside
3. Add 4 to 5 tbsp of sugar and keep it on low flame.the sugar will turn brown(caramelise)
4. Now add 1 dice of butter,a tsp of baking powder and a pinch of salt.
5. Using a spatula,mix all the contents slowly and add the popcorn.
6. Give it a quick mix ,until all the popcorns are covered with caramel.(15 seconds.)
7. Avoid stirring for too long as the popcorn will get burnt.
8. Place them on a plate and let them cool for 15 mins.
9. If there are clumps, separate them with the spatula .
10. Time to indulge in a sweet bowl of happiness!
Note:Baking powder and butter are added to give it a shiny look!
Caramel popcorn!a bowl of delight