Searching for a alternative from the sambhar and rasam routine!A highly protein rich dish that can be made in minutes!
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time :20 mins
- Green gram -1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
- Big onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chilli – 1
- Garlic – 5 pods
- Red dried chillies – 4
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut oil – 2 tsp
- Jeera/cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Dhaniya/Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
- First take the 1 cup of green gram and saute dry on the kadai till you get the roasted smell. (Dont burn the green gram)
- Wait till the fumes along with the roasting smell comes,then let the green gram cool for 5 mins.
- Now just give a quick wash of the green gram .
- Add the finely chopped tomato,onion,garlic pieces and green chilli
- Add 2 cups of water and close the cooker.
- Pressure cook for 4 whistles(2 on high and 2 on simmer)
- Let the cooker cool down and now meanwhile prepare the tadka.
- Take 4 tsp of coconut oil,then once hot add 2 tsp of keera and then the malli/dhaniya seeds and wait for 20 seconds.finally add the chopped red dry chillies.
- Add the tadka to the cooker preparation and serve hot with rice,chapathi or roti!