I love to try many chutney varieties. I tried this chutney with capsicum, green chilli and coriander leaves and it became instant hit in our home. Green capsicum chutney is very good to taste with Idli, Dosa and chapathi. Do try this and let me know your comments.
- Green Capsicum – 1
- chopped coriander leaves – 1 small cup
- Green chillies – 3 to 5 (according to spiciness)
- Split urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal – 1/2 tsp
- Tamarind – 1 inch
- Grated Coconut – 5 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves – 1 spring
- cut the capsicum into cubes and remove the seeds and stem.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add chanal dal and urad dal and fry till golden brown
- Add capsicum and chillies and saute well. Capsicum will cook in 3 minutes (capsicum will shrink)
- Add tamarind, Coriander leaves and coconut and mix everything well
- Switch off the flame
- cool it and grind it in mixie by adding water
- Again heat oil in kadai and add items to temper. Pour this tempering into chutney
- serve with idli / dosa
- Coriander and capsicum , both contains Vitamin C and dietary fibre.
- Coriander is very good food for digestive system, coriander promotes liver functions and bowel movements.
- Green capsicum is rich in calcium which improves our bone and teeth health