Puttu is a famous breakfast in kerala. I am going to share the puttu recipe using store bought puttu flour. you can make it using rice flour too. Do try this recipe and let me know your comments.
- Puttu flour/Rice flour – 1 cup
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Elaichi powder – 1/4 tsp(optional)
- Milk – 2 tsp
- Water – required
- Take the puttu flour in a bowl and add little water and milk and mix it. It should be like wet sand texture
- when you hold the flour in hand, it forms a shape and when you release ,it loosen
- Heat idli pot with water and cover the idli plate with muslin cloth
- Add the puttu mixture in cloth and close the lid.cook it with 3 minutes
- Switch off the flame and serve it with kadala curry or grated coconut with sugar
- Dont try to make puttu using Aapam flour
- Before you steam it, make sure there are no lumps in flour
Puttu is one of the healthiest breakfast served in the world. It is cooked by steaming method without any oil, Puttu is nutritious and perfect for weight loss.
You must be logged in to post a comment.