I want to grind different chutney each day. This chutney tastes unique and healthy too, because it contains coriander leaves and coriander seeds. It tastes well with idli and all kind of dosa.
- Coriander seeds – 1/4 cup
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 cup
- Shallots or small onions – 10/Big onion – 1
- Tamarind – 1 bit
- Grated Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Green chillies – 3 to 4 based on the spicy level
- Salt- to taste
- oil – 4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Split urad dal – 1/4 tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Heat a tsp oil in a kadai and add coriander seeds. saute till raw smell goes, it will take 2-3 minutes. Remove it from kadai
- Add chopped onions , chillies and saute well
- Add grated coconut and coriander leaves and tamarind
- Mix everything well and switch off the flame
- cool the mixture , add salt and grind it using mixie
- Transfer it to bowl and temper it using the items in “to Temper” list.
- Serve it with your favourite tiffin item
- Coriander lowers bad cholesterol and increases the levels of good cholesterol.
- Good food for digestive system, it promotes liver functions and bowel movements.
- Coriander stimulate the insulin secretion and lower the blood sugar levels.
- Contains Vitamin K in it is good for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.