Dal Toast is a crisp and crunchy bread recipe that has been coated with dal batter which is flavored with ginger and green chillies. It is good to serve as breakfast or snack.
- Bread Slices – 4
- Moong dal (Split)- 1 cup
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Green Chilli – 2
- Ghee/ Butter – required to toast
- Soak the moong dal in water for 1 hour
- Add the soaked moong dal , green chilli and chopped ginger in a mixie
- Grind it to a fine paste . The paste should not be thin. should be in a spreadable consistency.
- Spread the paste on a bread slice
- Heat Ghee or butter in a pan.Put the bread slice in pan with the batter side facing down
- cook it for 3 minutes and flip it
- cook the other side for a minute and remove it from pan
- Serve it with any sauce or coriander chutney
You must be logged in to post a comment.