This is a very simple recipe i learnt from my grandmother. she used to mash the cooked keerai in mud pot with smasher and the aroma is so divine. we can mix the masiyal with hot rice.
preparation time: under 10 minutes
cooking time : under 10 minutes
1. Mulai keerai or Arai keerai – 1 big bunch
2. cumin seeds – 1 tsp
3. Garlic – 3 pods
4. small onions – 4
5. Grated Coconut – 3 tsp
Wash keerai/greens well at least 2 times and remove the stem. For arai keerai, you can use the tender stems also.
- Add keerai, chopped garlic and chopped onions to the kadai
- Add little water
- close the lid and cook it in medium flame for 5 minutes
- switch off the flame and cool down the keerai
- Add grated coconut, salt and cumin seeds
- Grind it in the mixer
Arai Keerai – Amaranthus
Mulai keerai – purple amaranthus
1.Amaranthus are rich in anti oxidants and essential Vitamins
2. It helps to prevent osteoporosis
3. It is good for ladies during pregnancy and post birth period
You must be logged in to post a comment.