This is a very simple and healthy recipe, we can make it within 15 minutes. I make this thogayal with rasam or some kootu. Sometimes i mix this with rice and add some ghee/gingelly oil and have it with fryums/papad.
- Tur dal – 1/2 cup
- Red chillies – 4
- Garlic – 3 pods
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Grated coconut – 4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- oil – 2 tsp
- Hing – pinch
- Heat oil in kadai, add chillies fry for few seconds and take it aside
- Add Tur dal, Garlic, pepper and hing and saute for few minutes till dal becomes golden brown
- Add grated coconut to it and mix well
- Switch off the flame and let the mixture cool down
- Add salt and grind it adding little water
- Serve it with hot rice with ghee/gingelly oil
You must be logged in to post a comment.