Asparagus is one of the healthy vegetable. One day , i found this in supermarket and want to try some recipe using this. I tried this stir fry and it came out well, everyone likes this in home. Try this recipe.
- Asparagus – 1 bunch
- small onions – 10 nos
- Grated coconut – 3 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 2/3 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/3 tsp
- Split Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- oil – 2tsp
- salt – to taste
- Heat oil in kadai and add Mustard seeds once it splutters add urad dal and curry leaves
- Add sliced small onions and saute it
- Add Asparagus pieces and saute well.
- sprinkle water and close the kadai with lid
- cook it for 3 minutes in medium flame
- open the lid and add salt and mix it well
- Finally add the pepper powder and grated coconut and cook it in low flame for 3 minutes
- switch off the flame and serve
How to clean Asparagus:
Rinse the Asparagus in water to remove any grit. The stems will naturally break when you twist it with your fingers. Remove the tough woody part in the end .
- It is a very good source of fiber, folate ,Vitamins and Antioxidants
- It is a Natural Diuretic