Brussel sprouts are very easy to cook. It can be boiled, sauteed and roasted. This Poriyal can be made within 10 minutes. It is highly nutritious and cleaning is also easy. A simple rinse off to remove any surface dirt will do. Remove any leaves discolored or torn. If you find it in market, buy this and do try this recipe.
- Brussel sprouts – 1 cup
- Big onion – 1
- Shredded coconut – 1/4 cup
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Olive oil – 2 tsp [you can use any cooking oil]
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Split Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add items to temper
- Add thinly sliced onions and saute well
- Add thinly sliced brussel sprouts and add salt, pepper powder and coconut
- saute for 3-5 minutes in medium flame
- Switch off the flame and serve it
- Low in calories but high in many nutrients.
- High in antioxidants that may reduce cancer growth, decrease inflammation and promote heart health.
- High in vitamin K, a nutrient important for blood clotting and bone metabolism.